Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just hit me

Well it just hit me. It has been 3 full months since ive had a full-time job. Why is the economy so bad? Why are companies wanting a designer to be a programmer? Why do amazing photographers want UNPAID interns? These are just a few questions I ask myself every day. I want to use my skills that God gave me for the good of his kingdom but where in this economy can I do that? Non-profits/Missions don't want to pay expenses for me to go overseas to document their trips and I have no money to do that. I don't even have to go overseas, we have places here in alabama who could use the same treatment as people are giving Africa. People seem to not even want to give me a retail job. Aparently, since I have no experience, I would suck at it. They dont seem to understand Ive worked with clients/print executives for the past 4 years on a daily basis. If thats not customer relations then I dont know what is. I also learn that I cant work in a kitchen because I have no restaurant kitchen experience even though I cook almost every day at home. How can I get restaurant kitchen experience if no one will hire me? Well, these are my questions and my rants that I am dealing with now. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to toss them my way. I accept every little bit. I leave you with a photo from my trip to charleston, WV. I would love to live here one day.

Labels

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP